Consumables for Liquid-Phase small Volume and External Reference NMR Studies
• Bruker® MicroProbe/MicroCryoProbe Sample Tubes
• Sample Tubes for Automatic Sample Changer and Bruker MATCH™ System
• Doty® Susceptibility Plugs (Shigemi Substitute)
• Doty® Plugs for 3mm Thin Wall Tubes
• Doty® Plugs for 5mm Thin Wall Tubes
• Doty® Plugs for 8mm Thin Wall Tubes
• Coaxial Inserts
• Stem Coaxial Inserts
• 5mm Micro Cell Assembly (use with small sample sizes in thin wall tube)
• Large Volume Microcell Inserts
• Pyrex® NMR Capillary Tubes
• PTFE Sleeve Adapter Sets for Coaxial Systems
Bruker® MicroProbe/MicroCryoProbe Sample Tubes
(Stem Style, Upper O.D. = 5.0 mm, Length = 8 inch)
Wilmad has been manufacturing small volume NMR Tubes with the highest quality in the industry to meet the recent rising demand in small volume NMR. Our Ultra-High Field MicroProbe Tube (>600 MHz) is 10 times more precise in terms of camber and concentricity than instrument manufacturers’ stock tubes. This technological advancement helps increase the shimming quality and SNR.
Sample Tubes for Automatic Sample Changer and Bruker® MATCH® System
Wilmad’s 4 inch (~102 mm) long Automatic Sample Changer Tubes are recommended for Bruker® MATCH® system, Varian® and Bruker® automation systems, which include but are not limited to: Varian® 768AS series, Bruker® B-ACS series and Bruker® SampleJet®. Capillary, Stem and Non-Stem versions are available depending on your NMR probe and auto-sample changer configuration. The capillary style tube does not come with SampleJet® Cap.
Varian® ColdProbe 2.5 mm O.D. Sample Tubes
Doty® Susceptibility Plugs (Shigemi® Substitute)
• Match a wider range of solvents
• Less fragile in variable temperature experiments involving freeze-pump-thaw
• Use with Wilmad’s 3 mm, 5 mm or 8 mm thin wall tubes
• Easy sample loading and cleaning
• Fully compatible with Bruker®, Varian® and JEOL® NMR spectrometer/probe
Tips for Using Susceptibility Plugs
• Determine the sample solvent. For easier bubble removal and use with viscous samples/solvents, plugs with vent grooves
along the outer surface (product numbers with a “V”) should be used.
• Select plug material-closest match of magnetic susceptibility constants.
• Check chemical resistance compatibility with sample/solvent.
• Store Doty Plugs in deuterated solvent to suppress water absorption.
• Determine plug length using the depth gauge. Ideally, the plugs should not protrude into the Rf Coil limit.
• Susceptibility constants of rod/collar are inconsequential. Rod/collar material selection is based on chemical resistance.
G-10 rods are more rigid and easier to use; Kel-F® rods are recommended for use with organic solvents.
5mm Micro Cell Assembly (use with small sample sizes in thin wall tube)
• Sample volume could be as little as 18 μL.
• Three different inserts with various shapes (Spherical Bulb, Capillary Tube, Cylindrical Bulb).
• Outer tube (Wilmad Precision Thin-Walled Tube) must be ordered separately depending on magnetic field strength.
• Not recommended for variable temperature experiment.
• Use Wilmad Teflon Needles (P/N: 90630) with syringe to fill and clean sample.
Large Volume Microcell Insert
PTFE Sleeve Adapter Sets for Coaxial Systems
Our exclusive PTFE Sleeve Adapter Sets allow you to utilize the tubes already in your lab.
Two supports are included with each adapter set. The upper support’s flange lets it rest on top of the outer tube. The lower support fits snugly into the outer tube with flats cut in the side to allow air out during insertion. Position the other to support the lower half of the inner tube and keep it out of the probe’s Rfcoil. They also permit the use of standard caps for many of the tubes. A cap for the outer tube is not needed; the upper support plugs the top.
Create your own unusual coaxial sets. For example, hold the outer (annular) volume constant while changing the inner volume. Just use inner tubes of the same OD but different wall thickness.
Tubes sold separately.
Note:Do not use PTFE Sleeve Adapter Sets in variable temperature studies. Since PTFE expands and contracts much faster than glass, the fit of the adapters can be assured only at room temperature.